Warning! Editing this pageset section will affect all pages on your website.

Obtaining a Transcript or Student Record

Students with computer

Most requests for student information by individuals or organizations will not be honored without a written statement signed by a parent/guardian authorizing release. However, certain directory-type information may be released as described under "Release of Student Information." In addition, the records listed on page 21 under" Student Records" will be automatically forwarded to any other district school in which the child enrolls and to schools outside the district when requests are received by a student's new school of attendance. Access to information in a student's records without the consent of a parent may also be granted to individuals including, but not limited to the following.

  • School and district personnel with legitimate educational interests (i.e., one in which the assigned duties and responsibilities of an employee require that he/she have access to pupil records).
  • Specified federal and state educational administrators.
  • Law enforcement or other public safety agencies with lawful access.

Parents have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures of the school district to comply with the Family Rights and Privacy Act. The address of that office is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
600 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-4605

Retention of Student Records

The school principal is responsible for the custody of student records. Records are reviewed periodically by school staff, and material no longer required is destroyed in accordance with state law.

For more information on retention of student records, please see BP 5125 StudentRecords, and AR 5125 Student Records.